Miss Maggie Magnolia is hanging in there just for me. As you can see, she is a shadow of her former self, but you can still see traces of her past glory! This is my third summer here and I still get thrilled each time that tree blooms. It's a God-thing you know. Really. Two years ago, our first spring here, mom and I were walking around the back yard trying to identify the plants and trees I had come into possession of. Being that my DH had just finished off the weekend watching the Masters golf match in Augusta, GA, I was in full-blown Southern mode.
"Oh, how I DO wish I had a mag-NOL-ia!" us northerner think that sounds SO southern.
After identifying apple trees and crab apples, mom found my magnolia. I didn't even think they could grow up here!
Like I said she is old. I have no idea how old. The same couple lived in this house for over 40 years until they passed away. Maybe at one point that tree was their pride and joy. From stories I have heard, it was probably put there to show off to the cousins next door! But that magnolia is still blooming for me. It reminds me each spring that God loves to lead us to the desires of our heart.
13 years ago

8 comments:
I just love it when a tree means so much to someone, they are solid, grounded and faithful! So glad you got a magnolia, they are pretty!
Aren't they just a beautiful tree. I finally have one too. When we were kids we called them tulip trees. I'm glad you are enjoying yours. MB
Not only pretty, they are SO fragrant!
Vanessa
I do love magnolia blossom. Enjoy!
Magnolia's are so lovely. Something I really ought to invest in! Perhaps we ought to call you Moosie Magnolia now?
Dear B,
The grand ole dames are the Steel Magnolias lol
both have been around since the dinosaurs lol
my magnolia is evergreen... the ones like yours my granny taught me like MB to call tulip or saucer trees.
Very Pretty, I can see why you look forward every year for it to bloom.
I can still smell the Magnolia. It has a smell all its own. I am so happy it is still blooming. May it for many years to come. connie from Texas
Post a Comment