I know we all associates scents with certain memories. Grandma's applepie, cookies afterschool, a certain someone's cologne!! I have found out two things since moving into our house 21/2 years ago. First of all, I am allergic to lilacs; secondly, I will suffer with it because they remind me of my Grandma K's house!
She and grandpa moved into the last house they would be in together when most of thier eight children were grown, the farm was sold, and they both had full time jobs. We celebrated seventeen Christmas's there, and probably an equal amount of summer picnics. I don't remember any flower or veggie beds, but the property was surrounded by lilacs. As soon as I smelled them on my own property, I remembered, even though it's been 16 years since grandpa died and grandma moved to a smaller home. Memories can be sweet that way.
P.S. I did a search on-line and I am convinced that the tree, which we have two or three of, is an Eastern Redbud.
13 years ago

4 comments:
Dont suffer too bad from them, thye are very pretty. I wish I had a bush. Maybe someday!
Memories---Sometimes it is even funny what triggers a memory. Your lilacs are beautiful. MB
Very pretty, and I love it when a smell brings back a memory or two! Try taking a spoon of local honey a day for those allergies, works for me!
Lilacs are my FAVE! Well, on a tree, that is.
Post a Comment