Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Big Red



No flowers to show off yet, lots of snow on the ground, so here is a beautiful "typical" big red. I believe this one is still used for storage. Sue asked about the previous picture. That barn may be still used for storage, but it is just a remnant of a farm that's land has all been sold off for development. I picture a lot of antique goodies in there!

8 comments:

Day4plus said...

What a grand old barn. They are a disapperaing part of our American heritage. Wouldn't it be nice that if the land was developed and the barn was redone and used for a meeting place. MB

Day4plus said...

I spelled disappearing wrong. My life will not go on. Oh woe is me. MB

auntgeorge said...

I love barns. Grew up in barn country: Illinois, Iowa. The site of a silo out in the middle of a field still excites me!! The barn photos you have posted are wonderful...I love them!! Thanks for sharing.

Alpicks Treasures said...

I would love to have a barn of that size. What a keeper I think. Nice picture.. Glad you like my blogg. It tells you in the blogger help how to change the template. I guess if I would just read more I would get it. Have a great day.

Mindy said...

I love old red barns!!Great picture!

smilnsigh said...

Beautiful! Love that it's really red and not just faded wood. Simply faded wood, is what one usually sees.

Mari-Nanci

Rebekah said...

When I finally get a real barn, this is what I'd like it to look like. Exactly. It conjures up such wonderful visions.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful barn, and so well kept. I hope they don't tear it down with the new development. I can picture tons of barn dances in there along with the antiques too.